Terms & Conditions
FAYTHE HARRIERS GAA CLUB
PRIVATE MEMBERS COMPETITION
1. The Promoter of this Private Members Club Competition is Faythe Harriers GAA Club, Pairc Charman, Park Lane, Wexford (hereinafter referred to as “the Club”).
2. The Terms and Conditions herein set out should at all times be read in conjunction with the Faythe Harriers GAA Club Rules (hereinafter referred to as “the Club Rules”) for the time being which are available at www.winthehouse.ie.
3. The Terms and Conditions herein set out are at all times governed by the Laws of the Republic of Ireland.
4. The purpose of the Competition is to raise funds for the benefit of developing and enhancing the Faythe Harriers GAA Club and the facilities for Members of the said Club. The organisers of the Competition shall not derive any personal profit from the Competition. The Competition is not being conducted for any purpose connected with gaming, wagering or lotteries.
5. The Competition is open to Members of the Club aged 18 years and over only. Any Memberships purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the Competition. Any such entry entered into the Competition Draw will be declared invalid and another ticket will be drawn in its place.
6. Membership is open to all natural persons worldwide aged 18 years and older.
7. The Cost of Membership is €100 (hereinafter referred to as “the Membership”) per Member. On purchasing the said Membership the purchaser becomes a Social member of the Faythe Harriers GAA Club from the period of purchase to 3rd May 2020 unless he or she ceases to be a Member pursuant to the Club Rules in advance of that date or such later date as may be decided by the organisers.
8. All Members are at all times for the duration of their Membership subject to the Club Rules. By purchasing Membership each Member thereby agrees to be bound by the Club Rules and the Terms and Conditions herein set out.
9. Members of the Executive Committee appointed to organise and oversee the Competition are expressly precluded from purchasing Membership.
10. The Membership entitles each Member to one free entry into the Competition.
11. Only Members who purchase the Membership referred to herein will be entered into the draw. Existing Members of the Faythe Harriers GAA Club may, provided they are aged 18 and over, purchase Membership at the above fee of €100 and qualify for one free entry into the Competition per Membership Purchased.
12. There is no limit on the amount of Memberships which an individual may purchase.
13. There are a maximum number of Memberships available of 12,000.
14. Once purchased, Membership is non-refundable except in circumstances where the Competition is cancelled by the Club. In that event a maximum amount of €90 per Membership purchased will be refunded to Members.
15. Any notice, announcement, information or bulletin in relation to the Competition whether public or otherwise or wheresoever published is only intended to be a notice to the Members of the Club and is not intended to be nor directed to any other persons whatsoever.
16. Neither the Club nor any of its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall be liable to the Members for any loss, inconvenience, damage or expense suffered by the Members participating in this Competition.
17. Neither the Club nor any of its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition shall be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligations due to factors beyond its and/or their control.
18. The 1st Prize in this Competition is a 3 Bedroom Semi-Detached House in Carton Wood, Maynooth, County Kildare (hereinafter referred to as “the Property”). The Value of the said property at the time of publishing the Terms and Conditions herein set out is €405,000. The Prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is non-transferrable and vests in the Winner only.
19. The Club reserves the right to add additional prizes to the Competition. The addition of any such prizes will be notified to the Members as soon as practicable once added to the Competition and will also be available at www.winthehouse.ie.
20. The Competition Draw will be held at a venue to be confirmed in Wexford Town at a date to be confirmed once Covid 19 restrictions are lifted sufficiently to enable the draw to progress. A notice will issue on the winthehouse website and via our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts three weeks in advance once the date is confirmed.
21. The Club reserves the right to alter or change the date of the Competition Draw for any reason whatsoever and in setting an alternative date will notify the Members as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on www.winthehouse.ie.
22. The Winner will be announced within 28 days of the draw by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS.
23. In order to claim the prize, the Winner must contact the Club by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS or in person at the Club’s registered location as set out herein.
24. The Winner may be subject to verification by the Club and this process may take up to 7 days to complete once the Winner has claimed their prize.
25. If the Winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 14 days of the notification of same the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and select a replacement Winner.
26. The Competition will be implemented & conducted by the Club. The Preparation of entries for the final draw and the final draw will be independently observed by Sheil Kinnear Limited. The Club will maintain books and records recording all entries into the competition and all costs relating to the competition. The books and records will be audited by Sheil Kinnear Limited within 14 days of the draw taking place.
27. The Club’s decision in respect of the Winner and all or any other matters connected with this Competition is final.
28. The Legal Title to the Property will be transferred to the Winner free from any financial interest, entitlement or encumbrances in favour of the Club as soon as practicable following the Competition Draw.
29. The Winner will be required to appoint his or her own Solicitor to act in the Transfer of the Property.
30. If the Winner does not appoint a Solicitor and take steps within 28 days of claiming the prize to effect the Transfer of the Legal Title to the Property to them and in any event enter in to a Deed of Transfer to so transfer the property within six months from the date of claiming the prize the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and select a replacement Winner.
31. The Winner will be responsible for all or any legal costs in the Transfer of the Property to include the legal fees of their Solicitor, Stamp Duty, Registration expenses and any & all other related outlays or expenses.
32. The Club does not warranty nor confirm the state and condition of the Property in any way. The Club nor any of its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition shall be in any circumstances liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience or expense suffered by the Winner in relation to the state, condition, repair or construction of the Property.
33. The Winner will be responsible for the costs associated with the fit out of the property once completed and does so without any recourse to the Club.
34. The Club reserves the right at all times to amend the Competition and the Terms and Conditions herein set out and in purchasing Membership each Member consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments. The Club further reserves the right to cancel this Competition for any reason whatsoever. The cancellation or any change to the Competition or these Terms and Conditions will be notified to the Members as soon as practicable in respect thereof.
35. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR):
(a) The Club will retain and use the Member’s personal data for the duration of Membership and for a reasonable period thereafter.
(b) On purchasing Membership each Member agrees to the use of his or her details being used solely in connection with this Competition and their Membership of the Club. Personal data of any kind will not be disclosed to a Third Party without the Member’s consent.
(c) The Winner hereby agrees and consents to the use of his or her personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the Competition.
(d) The Winner hereby also agrees and consents to his or her personal data being released to relevant third parties to effect the transfer of the Property to him or her.
36. Errors and Omissions Excepted. The Club its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception or communications failure, for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims, entries, applications, Memberships or otherwise.